SSV NETWORK – TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated: 3 August 2022
Welcome to the SSV Network site (ssv.network) a website-hosted user interface (the “Site“) for the SSV Network. The Site provides interface-only access to and information about the SSV Network, a distributed, open-sourced and non-custodial infrastructure for proof-of-stake validation (the “Platform”) on the Ethereum blockchain. The Platform is built, maintained, and governed by the SSV community, a decentralized autonomous organization (the “Protocol”, or the “DAO“). The Site is operated by Coin-Dash Ltd and its affiliates (collectively, “Company“, “we”, “our”, or “us”).
By using or accessing our Site, you represent and warrant that:
- as an individual, you are at least 18 or are of legal age to form a binding contract under applicable laws;
- as an individual, legal person, or other organization, you have full legal capacity and sufficient authorizations to enter into these Terms;
- you have not been previously suspended or removed from using the Site;
- your use of the Site will not violate any and all laws and regulations applicable to you, including, but not limited to, regulations on financial crime, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-fraud, counter-terrorist financing, trade control, sanctions, embargoes and tax laws;
- your use will not infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of third-parties;
- you will not introduce any malware, virus or other harmful material;
- you are not a resident or citizen of the State of Israel or of any Prohibited Territory. “Prohibited Territory” shall mean any territory, country, state, jurisdiction or organization that is subject to any Sanctions Lists (as defined in Section 8(vi)), including Cuba, Iran, Lebanon, North Korea, Syria, Russia, and the Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine.
- you are not subject to any Sanctions Lists or directly or indirectly owned, controlled, employed by, affiliated or associated with, or acts on behalf of any person (natural or legal) subject to any Sanction Lists.
- you shall not use the Site or the Platform for any Prohibited Activity (as defined in Section 8 below);
- your funds come from legitimate sources and do not originate from illegal activities.
Fees and Taxes
Using the Site is not subject to any monetary requirements. However, the use of the Platform may be subject to applicable taxes, levies, duties, or similar governmental assessments. When accessing the Platform through our Site, it is your sole responsibility to determine whether, and to what extent, any taxes apply and to withhold, collect, report and remit the correct amount of tax to the appropriate tax authorities.
In addition, using the Platform and activities in crypto assets in general may also be subject to exchange fees, developers’ fees and network fees (including gas and mining fees), for which you will be solely responsible. We don’t have any responsibility for any costs you will absorb in your Use of the Platform. We recommend that you check from time to time the Platform documentation for updated fees liability, as periodically determined by the SSV Network. The Platform documentation may be found here.
Subject to these Terms, the Company grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable, and non-transferable license to access the Site. You may not: (i) sublicense, assign or transfer this license except as permitted in writing by us; (ii) copy, duplicate or reverse-engineer any part of the Site. Any attempt of (i)-(ii) above may result in the termination of this license. Except as set out in this Section 3.2, nothing in these Terms of Service shall be construed to offer any license, right, title, or ownership of, in, or to the Site or its features.
With respect to your use of the Site and the Platform, You hereby represent and warrant that you understand that (i) the Company is not an investment advisory service, nor is it a registered investment advisor, broker-dealer or tax advisor and does not purport to convey or suggest the value of any assets or which assets users should buy or sell, or to the desirability of mining, staking or otherwise using the Platform’s features and services; (ii); the Company is not a registered or licensed trading platform, clearinghouse, exchange, bank, depository institution, investment firm or financial service provider and does not purport to convey or suggest otherwise; (iii) the Site merely provides informative resources and an access interface to the Platform and the Company has no control over transactions in the Platform or in any underlying blockchain networks; (iv) the Company assumes no responsibility or liability for your use of the Platform or for your staking results, including for any losses, damages, unrealized gains, liquidity shortages, thefts or slashing penalties arising from your use of the Platform.
BEFORE MAKING ANY TRANSACTION OR OTHER ACTION THROUGH THE PLATFORM, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR LICENSED FINANCIAL ADVISOR AND TAX ADVISOR TO DETERMINE THE SUITABILITY OF ANY TRANSACTION OR OTHER ACTION. EVERY TIME YOU USE THE PLATFORM YOU AGREE THAT IN ALL CASES THE COMPANY BEARS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES INCURRED.
Staking validation using the Platform is based on smart contracts, cryptographic tokens generated by the smart contracts, and other nascent software, applications, and systems that interact with blockchain-based networks. These technologies are experimental, conjectural, inherently risky, and subject to technological and regulatory changes. These risks include, without limitation:
- Virtual platform risks: bugs, errors, failures, malfunctions, and cyberattacks.
- Slashing risks: the risk of losing all of part of your stake (“slashing”) in the validation process, whether caused a failure in your systems or third party systems or network failures.
- Blockchain risks: including changes to the applicable blockchain networks (e.g., forks). Blockchain networks are immutable so that recorded transactions must be treated as permanent and cannot be undone by us or anyone.
- Market risks: crypto assets are exposed to extreme market risks, including volatility, illiquidity, costs and network congestion, which could result in losing all or part of your funds.
- Wallet risks: access to the Protocol through our Site requires the use of third party wallet applications that we have no connection to or control of (“Third Party Wallet“). Your use of Third Party Wallet carries the risks of losing your keystore files, passwords, mnemonic phrases or private keys which you must keep safe at all times. You are solely responsible for safeguarding your Third Party Wallet credentials.
- Regulatory risks: the use of blockchain technology, decentralized organizations, and decentralized finance services are mostly unregulated in most jurisdictions. Future regulations, however, may lead to substantial changes in the accompanying rules, conditions, costs and taxes applicable to the Site, and the Platform.
- Malicious activities: risks relating to the unauthorized or illegal activities that may occur on the Platform or Third Party Wallet, including any attempted or realized attacks and thefts of your private credentials and keys.
You acknowledge and agree that your use of Site to interact with the Platform involves those risks and the Company shall not have any liability for any losses incurred for such uses.
For any part of the Platform that is identified by us as a “beta” version (“Beta Service”), when accessing the Platform through our Site you acknowledge and agree that a Beta Service may contain more or fewer features than the final release of that service. Beta Services may not be suitable for production use and may contain errors affecting proper operation and functionality.
Trademarks and Copyrights
Except for the terms “SSV” and the “SSV Network”, the brand names, service marks, and trademarks relating to the Site and used by the Company from time to time (“Trademarks”) are the trademarks, service marks, and trade names of the Company and its reserve all rights to such Trademarks.
Unless otherwise provided, the Company owns the rights to all the creative works available via the Site, including but not limited to the information, images, pictures, graphics, photographs, animations, videos, music, audio, and text. This content is protected by copyright.
Ownership of Your Content
When using our Site, or accessing the Platform through our Site, you may upload information which may include texts, photos, videos, images, trademarks, logos, brands, or other materials (“Uploaded Materials“). We do not claim ownership of that information. However, when you do so unless explicitly stated in writing otherwise, you grant the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, ongoing, assignable, and transferable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, translate, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Uploaded Materials. For the avoidance of doubt, you waive in favour of the Company any moral right you may have in the Uploaded Materials, including any right of attribution.
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to firstname.lastname@example.org. To meet the requirements of applicable laws, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- a description of where the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed is located on the Platform;
- your contact details, including your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If content that you uploaded to the Site was removed, but you believe that this content is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content, you may send us a written counter-notice, to the aforementioned address, containing the following information:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the content;
- your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which our address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
In accordance with the applicable law, we may terminate, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, the provision of our Site to users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also, at our sole discretion, limit or terminate the access to our Site, or the access to the Platform through our Site, for users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Third Party Content
The Site contains content such as code, data, software, applications, graphics, images, links, text, photos, videos, and other materials uploaded by third parties (“Third Party Content“). Unless otherwise provided, such Third Party Content is not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, completeness, or reliability by us. We have no control over Third Party Content posted or uploaded to the Platform and hereby disclaim any and all liability in this regard.
Intellectual property: When you upload, post or transmit content through the Site, or through the Platform accessed by the Site, you expressly warrant and agree not to upload any content that you do not have the right to share or that you suspect may infringe others’ intellectual property rights. In particular, you warrant and represent that you have the right to grant the licenses granted herein and that you shall not use the Site in such a manner as may infringe the rights of any third party, including intellectual property rights.
No financial advice: any content that you upload must not provide investment advice or financial recommendations, portfolio management services, or any other type of service which requires you to be authorized by a regulatory authority;
Privacy: Please note that any content that you upload to the Site is publicly available and will be seen by the other users. Therefore, you should refrain from posing or uploading any personal information to the platform. In this regard, personal information means any information that can lead to the identification of yourself or others, such as your name, phone number, ID number, address, and financial information.
Impersonation: You hereby acknowledge and agree that you will not impersonate anyone else, or deceive others to believe you are anyone else, for any purpose.
Appropriateness and lawfulness: When you access the Platform through our Site, you hereby represent and warrant that you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit to the Platform any content that is unlawful, malicious, harmful, inappropriate, offensive, or disrespectful. This includes, without limitation, content that (i) violates any applicable law, regulations or the Company’s policies and terms; (ii) infringes on any intellectual property or other third-party right; (iii) that introduces any malware, virus or other harmful material; (iv) uses any crawls, scraping, spiders or similar automated means to extract data from the Platform; relates to drugs, narcotics, steroids, and any other similar product that is illegal or prohibited; (iv) that promotes or supports groups, militias, or gangs; (v) supports or involves hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, or terrorism; (vi) involves a threat to an individual or public safety; (vii) involves pornography or any sexual content; (viii) is designed to spam or flood the channel with the same message repeatedly being posted; (ix) discussing suicide, including content promoting or glorifying suicide or providing instructions on how to self-harm; (x) involves accusations of abuse or cheating (if you believe someone needs to be investigated, please report on that user and we will investigate your report as soon as practicable and take actions, if needed); (xi) based on the Company’s sole discretion, is inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise should not be uploaded to the Platform. Content about any of the above that is disguised with the use of numbers, letters, or symbols is prohibited, too.
If you have identified content that violates this subsection, please let us know, by sending an email to: email@example.com
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. The Company reserves the right but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
When Accessing the Platform through our Site, you agree not to engage in, or attempt to engage in, any of the following categories of prohibited acts in relation to your access or use of the Platform:
- Activity that breaches the Terms.
- Activity that infringes on or violates any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, right of publicity, right of privacy, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights under the law.
- Activity that seeks to interfere with or compromise the integrity, security, or proper functioning of any computer, server, network, personal device, or other information technology system, including, but not limited to, the deployment of viruses and denial of service attacks.
- Activity that seeks to defraud us or any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, providing any false, inaccurate, or misleading information to unlawfully obtain the property of another.
- Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation concerning the integrity of lending and trading markets, including, but not limited to, the manipulative tactics commonly known as spoofing and wash trading.
- Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation in a relevant jurisdiction concerning financial crime, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-fraud, counter-terrorist financing, trade control and national security restrictive measures, including sanctions lists or embargoes promulgated by U.N. Security Council, the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the U.S Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), the U.K HM Treasury, the European Union and the State of Israel [“Sanctions Lists“]).
- Activity that diguises or attempts to disguise proceeds that are originated from illegal activities.
- Activity that disguises or interferes in any way with the IP address of the computer you are using to access or use the Site or that otherwise prevents us from correctly identifying the IP address of the computer you are using to access the Site, including disguising an IP adderss of a Prohibited Jurisdiction.
- Activity that transmits, exchanges, or is otherwise supported by the direct or indirect proceeds of criminal or fraudulent activity.
- Any activity that violates or that we suspect to be violating these Terms.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Company, and each of its employees, directors, shareholders, managers, developers, agents, contractors, partners, or any other affiliation harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs, and expenses, arising out of or in connection with: (a) your access and use of the Platform through the Site; (b) your violation of the Terms, the rights of any third party, or any other applicable law, rule, or regulation; and (c) any other party’s access and use of the Platform through the Site with your assistance or using any device or account that you own or control.
Under no circumstances whatsoever will the Company be liable in any way for any content or data that users share, publish, display, or transmit with the Platform, including, without limitation, for any infringement of a third party’s right, loss, or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use or display or performance of any third party content transmitted, displayed or otherwise made available through the Platform.
- THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (WHETHER BY LAW, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COMPLETENESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE SITE OR THE PLATFORM, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE USE, QUALITY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING FOR ACCESSING THE PLATFORM, LIES WITH YOU.
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, OR THE PLATFORM, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; AND ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS COMPUTER CODE, FILES, OR PROGRAMS. THE COMPANY ALSO MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE USE OR THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
- IN THE EVENT OF SYSTEMS OR COMMUNICATIONS ERRORS RELATING TO THE SITE OR THE PLATFORM RESULTING IN LOSS OF DATA BY YOU OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICES, THE COMPANY SHALL IN NO WAY BE LIABLE TO YOU. THE COMPANY IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE ANY BACK UP SITE OR SIMILAR SERVICES.
- THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS MADE BY YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY WITH WHOM YOU HAVE CONTRACTED TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE SERVER THAT HOSTS THE SITE.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that you are free to choose whether to use the Site, or otherwise to use the Platform accessed throughout Site, and do so at your sole option, discretion, and risk.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SITE OR THE PLATFORM. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS IN ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
By visiting or using our Site, you agree that the laws of Israel without regard to any principles of conflict of laws that would require or permit the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction will govern these Terms. Any dispute arising under or in relation to these Terms shall be submitted to the competent courts of Tel-Aviv – Yaffo, Israel.
Changes to These Terms
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, without prior notice by posting the revised version of the Terms on the Site. If a revision to the Terms is material, the Company will take notice of such revision on the Site. The revised Terms will take effect immediately upon publication by the Company with effect from the revision date noted at the heading of the Terms. If you do not agree to the revised Terms, he or she should discontinue the use of the Site.
Termination and Suspension
We may terminate your access to, or use of, the Site, at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion, with or without cause, and without incurring any liability.
The provisions entitled Indemnity, No Warranty, Limitation of liability, Governing Jurisdiction, General, and Disputes shall survive any expiration or termination of these Terms.
If you would like to raise any complaint or dispute, we invite you to contact us through the contact details available at the bottom of these Terms. We will attempt to address the dispute without resorting to formal legal proceedings, if possible.
In the event that any dispute cannot be resolved satisfactorily, and you wish to assert a legal claim against the Company, then you agree to set forth the basis of such claim in writing in a “Notice of Claim,” as a form of prior notice to the Company. The Notice of Claim must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, (ii) set forth the specific relief sought, and (iii) include your contact information. The Notice of Claim should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Action Waiver
You and the Company agree that any claims relating to these Terms or to your relationship with the Company as a user of the Site (whether based on contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and whether the claims arise during or after the termination of these Terms) shall be brought against the other party in court on an individual basis only and not as a plaintiff or class member in a purported class or representative action.
- Non-refund. Unless stated otherwise, and subject to applicable laws, any purchase of products or services from the Company or with respect to the Site is final and non-refundable.
- Severability. If any part of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reasons unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the rest of these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of these Terms. In such cases, the part deemed invalid or unenforceable shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as closely as possible, the original intent of the parties.
- Waiver. No waiver by us of any provision of these Terms shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any condition of these Terms.
- Entire agreement. These Terms, including the documents referred to in the Terms, constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding the use of the Site and will supersede all prior written or oral agreements between the parties. No usage of trade or other regular practice or method of dealing between the parties will be used to modify, interpret, supplement, or alter the Terms herein.
- Third parties. Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in these Terms shall create or confer any rights or any other benefits to third parties.
- Independent parties. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, trust arrangement, fiduciary relationship, or any other form of joint enterprise between you and the Company.
- Force major. The Company will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform as required by these Terms because of any cause or condition beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
- Assignment. You may not assign or transfer any right to use the Site, or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without prior written consent from the Company, including any right or obligation related to the enforcement of laws or the change of control. The Company may assign or transfer any or all of its rights or obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, without notice or obtaining your consent or approval.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints in relation to these Terms or our Site, please feel free to address us at email@example.com
Version 1: Date: 28 July 2022